Re: Will Gnome _EVER_ be stable?

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 02:02:14PM -0700, John Fleck wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 01:06:08PM -0500, stan wrote:
> >
> > I've seen this failure in various flavors of Gnome for longer that I care
> > to remember.
> >

> You've seen this before? So I'll assume that you've filed bug reports,
> and followed up with the hackers to help diagnose the problem. That's
> certainly a key part of the way free software works, with users
> serving as a necessary part of the team by carefully reporting their
> problems so the hackers can help diagnose and fix them. My experience
> in reporting bugs has been phenomenal - these people like to fix 'em
> if they know about 'em.

The only time I do that, is when I can offer enough details to provide
a reproducable problme. Saying "My system broke" is not a useful bug
report.

My point is that Gnome 1.4 (the stable version) should be beyond this
type of behavior. If I were runing 2.0 that would be a different mater
entirly.

But i have choosen to run the "stable" version in order to actually
get work done.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin