Re: I don't get gnome 2

On Sat, 2002-06-29 at 15:39, John Fleck wrote:

> It would be useful if you could extend your efforts a little and try to
> help diagnose the font problem, as there seems to be something
> relatively unique about your setup (I have not heard reports of this
> problem from others.)

Check out the thread "Adding antialiasedfonts with gnome 2.0" as it also
sounnds like the same problem.

And it's not whinging as much as i guess there is a possability that
gnome will be fore ever going through complete re-writes, back in the
days of gnome 1.x and kde was getting ready for it's 2 relase there was
a lot of talk about how gnome was focusing on getting it's foundations
right rather than all the flashy bits.  Now we have had a complete
re-write and (font issue asside) gnome seems to have taken a backwards
step.

I guess I am just wondering if g3 will be another complete re-write to
"get it right" again and gnome will be essentially going no where.

I think the developers have to realise that not all users whinge for the
sake of whinging but perhapse because they have a lot of time and effort
tied up in projects relying on gnome, and if gnome goes to far of track
they have problems, maybe even finacial problems.