Changing default fonts without Control Center? (Gnome2)

Howdy folks

Just a small question: In their upgrade path to Gnome2 the Debian folks
haven't packaged the Control Center yet. Unfortunately, a couple of
applications have already been put into unstable that are built on
Gnome2/Gtk2. Exactly two of them I use daily or almost daily, Sawfish
and Gnome-GV.

Now, I pretty much don't like the default fonts for those two, and I'd
like to change them, but I have no clue how to go about that without a
control center. For Gnome1.4 I could have edited my .gtkrc, so what file
do I edit to change the default font in Gnome2?

Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I couldn't find a quick answer, and I
thought one of you folks might know. Links to the correct documentation
would be cool too.

Mart

--
"You take me everywhere that I've never been and
Show me the meaning of what life had to give and