Re: difficulties

> The reason I'm reacting so strongly here is because Glynn Foster
> busted his ass, with little help, to get gfloppy and the rest of the
> gnome-utils package into shape for the GNOME 2 release. Your help,
> whether in the form of code or just helpful criticism from a user's
> perspective, would have been a valuable contribution, but it wasn't
> there until a week ago, when the freeze made your feature request
> impossible for the 2.0 release.
i dont care whether it makes it into gnome 2 or not... i probably wont
upgrade for a year or so anyway, most of my other apps are still using
gtk+1, so i see no need to upgrade to gtk+2 until they require it. My
annoyance, is that these amazing programmers are spending all their
energies on things that never really effect the end user in as big a way
as extra features do.

im thinking from the perspective of a new gnome user here... coming from
a kde background or windows, there is a lot to expect that just isnt
there, and an absolute overkill in config options for stuff that nobody
would ever touch. kde has a completely integrated setup envirnoment that
can set up anything from your cups server and user administration to
your X resolution, gnome just doesnt have that user friendliness about
it... even with ximian setup tools added. small stuff, like there is an
overkill in the sizes of desktop panel you can have, but thats pointless
because you cant resize the clock applet anyway, so it never goes
smaller than that, or that you can make the panel translucent, but that
doesnt matter becuase you cant do that to any of the applets... small
stuff like this is what annoys me about gnome.... but saying that, i use
it every, however there is room for improvement and to be fair, a lot of
catching up to do behind kde, which even by looking at daily releases of
new apps for each desktop shows that kde is flying ahead

cheers,
Sam
--
For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I
do.