Re: difficulties

On 2002.06.19 03:00 tony field wrote:
Why is the user configuration of Gnome non-intuitive (on FreeBSD, most
recent
X11,  latest ports, etc)?  It loads much faster than kde, looks better
and
seems to be very "nice", etc.  but I can not change the silly textured

background of the screeen!!!!!. Flames welcome......

Well, I suppose it depends on your idea of 'intuitive'.

In Gnome, you modifiy settings in the Gnome Control Center. Click on the little toolbox on the bottom panel, and then select 'Background' under 'Desktop' and customize to your heart's content.

Enjoy,
Ian