Re: How to do simple desktop configs?

I find myself in exactly this position.  I have to setup three labs of
twenty computers each with Linux and GNOME and I want the desktop to
revert to a known state every time a generic lab user logs in.  How does
one accomplish this?  A central , root controled desktop has been
discussed before numerous times.

I think this can be done in GNOME 2 by the use of Gconf but I'm not sure
having never played with it.  Frankly I would be more than a little
shocked if this feature is not part of GNOME 2.

I can't afford the lab to drop further behind the the administration
capabilities of Windows 2000 for centrally controlled desktops.  I've
fought hard to get Linux into the College, please consider these things
when designing GNOME.  I would hate to have to be told to remove Linux
because it takes too much admin time!!!