Can't see the desktop anymore?

I'm having a problem,

I installed RH 7.1 and everything was working fine, another Admin rebooted and when prompted to login, he tried to login to KDE instead of the default Gnome. Well KDE did not come up and now I cannot boot into any X session? It prompts me to login but once I login it just shows me the X curser and goes no further? If anyone has any suggestions I would love it. Also, I was wondering what the latest stable ver of Gnome is? I was hoping that I could just upgrade the bad one if I can't get this fixed.

Thanks,

Matthew Palmer