Re: How to do simple desktop configs?

OK Thanks for the tip, but this is what I don't want to do. I am managing
2000 user accounts, on different NFS servers, I don't want to modify (even
with scripts) 2000 ~user/.gnome-desktop every time I have to
add/delete/change an icon on the desktop !.

If gnome developper read this, please think in future releases to include
not only the reading of ~user/.gnome-desktop to populate desktop icons,
but also a centralize gnome-desktop like /user/share/gnome/desktop for instance .
This would be very usefull for system adminisrators to be able to
centralize gnome top menus and panel icons as well.

Thanks.

--
Jehan Procaccia
Institut National des Telecommunications| Email: Jehan Procaccia int-evry fr