Re: Some newbie advice needed

Download the Red-Carpet rpm from Ximian and use the Mandrake rpm
installer to install it. You will get some errors the first time you try
install, but make a note of the package dependencis that it says are
problems with. Then go back and get those packages from Ximian and
install them. I had to reboot after that to get Red-Carpet to see that
the packages were updated. Install red-carpet. When you try to run you
will get some channel errors but it will pick up the mandrake 8.1
channel so you can get updates for it. Support the rest of the stuff
under 8.1 is supposed to be coming soon.

Mike