Re: Get nautilus OFF OF MY SYSTEM!!!

On 08 May 2001 13:19:58 -0400, Michael Soulier wrote:
> On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 06:45:13PM +0200, Jens Finke wrote:
> >
> > Well, ask your self why do you use such environments? If you don't
> > like/use the additional features it brings to your desktop, or your
> > computer is just to slow, then don't use it!
> >
> > It sounds like you use X only for having 4 xterms open and do terminal
> > hacking. This is absolute ok. But then you don't need a desktop
> > environment like GNOME or KDE. So don't complain and switch to your
> > IceWM. Right now.
>
>     Thanks for missing the point. As I said above, while the majority of my
> work is said terminal hacking, I do need the occasional office app.
> Unfortunately, the dependencies often make it very difficult if not impossible
> to use said office app without running the whole bloody desktop.

You should be able to run all gnome- and KDE-based applications without
running either deskop, provided you have the libraries installed. All
applications should run just fine under IceWM or whatever other
light-weight WM you like.

If you are having dependency problems I'm sure people will be glad to
help you sort them out.

--Ben

PS
Sory for the initial unhelpful response. Your subject did suggest you
wanted Nautilus off and, well, it sounded like you hadn't tried
uninstalling it. :-)