Re: Get nautilus OFF OF MY SYSTEM!!!

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 04:45:19PM -0600, E. Joshua Rigler wrote:

> How do I force gnome apps to use the old defaults for help-file
> viewing?  Better yet, has anyone got a sure-fire way to remove ALL
> references to Nautilus?  I do almost everything through my X-terminals,
> or simple menus, so I will NEVER, EVER, EVER want to use this program,
> even IF all the bugs get worked out.  It is just looks much too similar
> to Micro-sucks Win-blows Exploder!

    I've got to say that these Gnome/KDE apps are, on average, so bloated that
I'm tempted to blow them off my system permanently. I usually have the libs
installed just to use some app like gnucash. I really hope that all of this
development doesn't lose sight of what made Unix so popular. I teeter half of
the time between a bloated Gnome or KDE setup, and a stripped-down pure IceWM
setup. The latter is really fast and workable, and becomes more tempting as
time goes on.
    Please don't turn Linux into winblows. Please?

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier, TD12, SKY  Tel: 613-765-4699 (ESN: 39-54699)
Optical Networks, Nortel Networks, SDE Pegasus