Re: Get nautilus OFF OF MY SYSTEM!!!

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Michael Soulier wrote:
>     I've got to say that these Gnome/KDE apps are, on average, so bloated that
> I'm tempted to blow them off my system permanently. I usually have the libs
> installed just to use some app like gnucash. I really hope that all of this
> development doesn't lose sight of what made Unix so popular. I teeter half of
> the time between a bloated Gnome or KDE setup, and a stripped-down pure IceWM
> setup. The latter is really fast and workable, and becomes more tempting as
> time goes on.
>     Please don't turn Linux into winblows. Please?

Well, ask your self why do you use such environments? If you don't
like/use the additional features it brings to your desktop, or your
computer is just to slow, then don't use it!

It sounds like you use X only for having 4 xterms open and do terminal
hacking. This is absolute ok. But then you don't need a desktop
environment like GNOME or KDE. So don't complain and switch to your
IceWM. Right now.

   Jens