Re: (ximian) Gnome 1.4 - Lurkers feedback

On 01 May 2001 02:55:09 -0700, Miles Lane wrote:
> Renze de Ruiter wrote:
> >

> Are you folks who are seeing (relatively) snappy Nautilus performance
> all running Linux 2.2.x?  Perhaps Linux kernel 2.4.x is just handling
> swapping really badly.

Yes I wonder.  Did you try "oaf-slay" and then run it?  I have trouble
with Evolution running with 2.4.x.  It's dog slow unless I run oaf-slay
before I run it.  Probably Nautilus has the same problem.

I thought this problem would go away if I installed a clean Readhat-7.1
but it still happens.  Something is and has been seriously screwed up
with oaf for a long time now.

If you're using gdm as a login manager put "oaf-slay" in
/etc/gdm/Postsession/Default so it gets executed when you log out.  Next
time you log in things should be better at for Evolution and I assume
Nautilus as well since it uses oaf.