Re: GNOME Weirdness

On 14 Mar 2001 21:54:45 -0500, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> All apps built for GNOME (Balsa, panel, gnome-terminal, gtcd, etc.) take a
> very long time to load after I logged in just a while agao
>
> I think the problem is in my upgrades to gconf, oaf, and/or bonobo, which I
> did to get Nautilus 1.0

are you running nautilus, or did you just install it?

something that makes me suspicious is the fact that i get this message
when i start nautilus:

/dev/dsp: No such file or directory

(this stems from me running devfs and not having a sound module loaded)

it may be the case that nautilus is grabbing the sound device, and the
other apps are trying to start esd or something.  this is a common cause
for app startup time slowdowns.

jacob
--
C-x i .signature