Re: GNOME Weirdness

On 15 Mar 2001 12:50:55 -0500, John Nelson wrote:
> On 15 Mar 2001, George Farris wrote:
>
> > How about an area in the file manager like a button or square that you
> > can drag files to and then copy them back out.  A temporary holding
> > space so to speak.  At any rate window to window dragging remains a
> > pain.
>
> You mean like the drag well in NeXTStep.  The Gnome guys could learn a LOT
> from the organization and navigation of the NeXTStep OS.  NeXT had
> one of the simplest, cleanest, most intuitive interfaces around.  I find
> the Gnome panel and other navigation methods to be inconsistant and
> counterintuitive.

Yup sure could.  I'm also pretty disappointed that one can't even view
rpm or tar.gz files which is something gmc has been able to do forever.
Anyway I'm willing to be patient after all this is just a 1.0 release.
I question whether it should be moved to the stable branch on
ftp.gnome.org however.  I really, really don't want the same thing to
happen like last time GNOME was rushed out the door.  What a lot of bad
press:-(