Re: gnome-terminal dimensions

On 07/03/01, 09:38:18PM +0800, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
---snip---
> Oops! I forgot to mention the super-secret trick that window managers
> play on you. :-)

Morning.  Running sawfish-0.38-ximian.4, gnome-core-1.4.0.4-ximian.3, on
Red Hat 7.1, 2.4.2-2.  My sawfish Placement is set to "Automatically
remember window positions, Automatically remember window sizes,
Automatically remember other window attributes, Don't automatically
remember details of transient windows."  Gnome-terminal is started
without any geometry settings.  On this basis, g-t size and position are
rembered and work flawlessly.  Perhaps the only "glitch" I find is that
the size and position of a second instance is remembered separately from
the first instance, i.e. if I exit a maximized second instance but not
the first instance, those settings will be used next time I open two g-t
instances.

John

--
John P. Verel