Re: This sucks

This one is really helpful...

I do believe I now know why there are so many source directories, and I'm feeling left out (as I'm not running one of those distros).  It does seem to be a little more work... I was hoping the patches were already incorperated into the source, but this way is better.... and it seems I do have rpm2cpio on my system.

I'm still in favor of tar.gz for source, but at least I now know what all the weirdness is about on the Xiamin ftp server... perhaps it is time I venture outside the world of Slackware to see exactly how other distros do things (I have actaully tried RH, SuSe, and Mandrake, but didn't like them)...

Thanks Telsa for clearing the air.

Pat