Re: This sucks

On Monday, July 16, 2001 10:02:28 +0100, Telsa Gwynne <hobbit aloss ukuu org uk> wrote:
+-----
| Now this requires rpm2cpio, admittedly. I don't know whether alien
| would do the same.
+--->8

No it doesn't, actually. There's a perl script which will extract the cpio payload from rpms quite satisfactorily; just google for it ("rpmcpio perl script"). The ones I found didn't want to do RPMv4 rpms, but they work fine if you disable the file version check.

--
brandon s. allbery  [os/2][linux][solaris][freebsd]   allbery kf8nh apk net
system administrator   [JAPH][WAY too many hats]        allbery ece cmu edu