Gnome Pager or more accurately - no pager.

Dear List,

I have been following this list for a month or so but understand little
yet.  My problem
is that my Gnome Pager has disappeared from the panel and I can not
make it reappear.
I read all the documentation I could find, help, etc and so far no
luck.  I did read that to
toggle it on and off one should click on the little arrow next to the
pager to get to the toggle
switch.  Trouble is that there is no pager and no little arrow next to
the non-existant pager.
Can someone help.  I am running RH 6.2, Gnome, and Enlightment.  Thank
you for your help.

George