Re: move window to another workspace?

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> This is mostly a bug in desk guide.
>
> Still I agree with you that having both viewports and workspaces is
> dumb. The only difference between them is random implementation
> details that no one should have to care about.
>
> Havoc
Well, what about this?  Different workspaces can have different
backgrounds, which I like a lot!  There are also workspace
dependent features in my window manager, WindowMaker.  There is
a "clip" of docked icons that differs across workspaces.  I
frequently make use of these differences across workspaces.

Now, sometimes I like more than one viewport per workspace.
Partly because giant apps can flow across viewports, but also
because switching from view to view is faster than across
workspaces (due to the different backgrounds).

So, I think your statement that the difference between the two
is partly related to which window manager you use.  Users of
Sawfish see no need because their window manager doesn't control
the background picture and the gnome panel has not workspace
dependent features.

pj

--
Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn ukans edu
Dept. of Political Science