RE: Re: Disappearing consoles?

Sivaram,

Apologies for panicking, it was just a very chilling idea, but as it
turns out it is not Helix messing with the consoles, but my new
kernel (2.4.0-test5). It appears that it drives my graphics card
(nVidia RIVA TNT) at a very low intensity, the text is there, but
faint and greyed out. My old 2.2.15 runs without a glitch (and
without USB, netfilter etc).
Strange though that it did work before I installed Helix Gnome.
This will be fun, I'm looking forward to experimenting with this.
Thanks for the help anyway!

Mart van de Wege