Logout Dialog question?

Hey

I have RH v6.2, with Helixcode GNOME installed. Now whenever I logged out of
GNOME, it just showed me a simple dialog with an option of *only* logging out.

But I don't know what I did, but for a week the dialog gives me the option of
Rebooting and Halting the machine from the Logout Dialog itself. And if I
select one fro reboot or halt, it asks me for my user's passwd not root's
passwd, as I think it should.

Well, frankly I don't have a problem with it but I am still curious to know
what made it give me the option for rebooting and halting now, when it didn't
give me before. Also why it asks for my user's passwd and not root's.

Archit Baweja