Re: Binaries from GNOME project

I am growing very tired of attitudes such as these in the Free Software
community.  If you do not like the RPMS provided by Helixcode, then make your
own.  You can do this from the source tarballs given off the GNOME site or from
the helix's SRPMS given at
ftp://ftp.helixcode.com/distributions/*your_disto_here*/SRPMS/
that you can modify in  any way you want to.  The fact that GNOME is Free is
gives you the ability to modify it in any way you see fit.  It is not Free so
you can demand that others must make their software the way you want it.  Use
the source.  Don't be a leech.

BTW, kernel.org does not provide precompiled binaries.  And they do host a
mirror of Red Hat, a (gasp!) Commercial distro with a precompiled binary
of the Kernel that has special Red Hat modifications.

--Mike