Re: RH Gnome Sucks ?

Paul Warren <pdw@ex-parrot.com> writes:
> IIRC, RH released 6.0 (or was it 6.1) just before October Gnome, which
> was by any measure a massive improvement on what was being shipped with
> RH.

Of course, Elliot Lee at Red Hat was either the largest or one of the
largest workers behind the October GNOME release. It was simply
unfortunate timing that October GNOME was released after our Red Hat
release, it's hardly a reason to criticize us, since we can't get
October GNOME before it's available.

(Of course if we _did_ get October GNOME in the release we'd hear from
the "GNOME releases are controlled by Red Hat" conspiracy theorists
;-)

But this is just my point from earlier: we've always released the best
stable version of GNOME available at release time, so I don't see how
Miguel can criticize unless he's criticizing GNOME itself, and then I
don't see why he's going out of his way mention Red Hat. (And I don't
see the point in general - "GNOME in September 1999 sucked more than
GNOME today" - big insight there.)

Well, whatever. Life ain't fair. ;-)

Havoc