Re: session priorities. . .

Havoc Pennington <hp@redhat.com> writes:

> Bart Schuller <schuller+gnome@lunatech.com> writes:
> > I have the same thing (every gnome app taking a minimum of 15 seconds to
> > come up), but only on one of our otherwise identical workstations. I
> > also suspected esd, but the weird thing is that esd works (the fairly
> > minimal gnome "plok" sounds work).
> >

> Can you or the original poster do an "strace" of the slow startup and
> see what's up?

It is the window manager not registering with the session manager.

Basically I think we need gnome-wm to connect to the SM if the
window manager isn't session managed.  So it needs to be even
smarter than the new improved one is.  Or something else does.

Jacob
--
"Beware of bugs in the above code;  I have only
 proved it correct, not tried it." -- D. Knuth