Re: session priorities. . .

On Sun, Jan 23, 2000 at 04:51:47PM -0500, Jacob Berkman wrote:
> Norvell Spearman <Norvell@nts-online.net> writes:
> > then all the GNOME stuff that usually loads really fast took about a
> > minute or two to load.  And I've tried a few different window managers,
> > so I don't think the problem is with using non-enlightened software.
>
> You might have something going on with esd.  If you run gnome-session
> from a console, is anything printed to the console?

I have the same thing (every gnome app taking a minimum of 15 seconds to
come up), but only on one of our otherwise identical workstations. I
also suspected esd, but the weird thing is that esd works (the fairly
minimal gnome "plok" sounds work).

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed