Re: Request: Test suite for EFS

He's right. but .tar, not .tar.gz.
It would solve everyone's problem.

The people who want portability get it. Tar has been around for a long
time, and will continue to exist for a long time. Tar is also portable to
non unix systems so if someone wants to create an excel gnumeric file
importer it would be very easy to do compared to a libefs one. Also, it
could work with the command line tools.

The xml people will be happy since gnumeric and all the other apps can
continue to use xml easily.

The people who want speed for searching and other things get it because it
will be filesystem in structure.

The learning curve will be less also. Since everyone wont have to learn
both gnome-vfs and libefs, it will take less time to learn.

It will take less code. Since gnome-vfs will have (if not already has) tar
support, we could just use that. Also, there would be no need for a second
nautilus view since the tar one would work just fine.

Useing gnome-vfs with tar support would be the perfect solution.