Re: Request: Test suite for EFS

Dermot Musgrove <dermot@glade.perl.connectfree.co.uk> writes:

> If gnumeric can handle .gz files maybe it could handle .tar.gz files as well.
> Couldn't a (gzipped) tarball contain images, XML, po files and  so on for
> easy (and standard) retrieval?

tar.gz isn't something for easy retrieval.  Tar alone would be better
for that, since if it's gzipped, you have to read and decompress
everything up to the part you want (you can't start decompressing in
the middle).

For that matter, I'm not sure whether you can jump to a file in the
middle with tar....

268 days, 18 hours, 31 minutes, 22 till we run away.
Sign on bank:  "FREE BOTTLE OF CHIVAS WITH EVERY MILLION-