Re: gnome-utils db2html problem

* peter bunney (peter@bunney.freeserve.co.uk) wrote at 23:08 on 21/08/00:
> John Fleck wrote:
> >

> > The html is there along with the sgml. Is that not the case on yours?
> >
> > Is the html missing, or is it just the case that the sgml is there as
> > well? It looks to me like the html is there.
> >
> John,
>
> No html in my copy......
>
> [peb@localhost C]$ ls /mnt/hda6/usr/src/gnome-utils-1.2.1/gfloppy/doc/C
> Makefile  Makefile.am  Makefile.in  gfloppy.sgml  images  topic.dat
> [peb@localhost C]$
>

> Looks like there is a duff source at the Gnome site :-(

Not really.

When I created my application (gLife) - you need to have db2html when
compiling for it to build the docs - otherwise it will not build them.

But when I create /binary-only/ packages (i.e. RPM packages) I include the
HTML files.

So if you are compiling from source - you should have db2html installed - If
you do not have db2html installed it /should/ continue compilation
'gracefully' (it used to work before (i.e. Ignorable Error)).

If you get binary packages (debs/RPMS/etc.) it should include the HTML files