Re: How to suppress the annoying warning message for gmc??

daniell@cs.berkeley.edu (2000-08-21 at 1635.05 -0700):
> Yes, but if I've been using guns all my life, and I know all the
> precautions that should be taken, and I have no intention of shooting
> anything but paper targets, then you shouldn't write code (or laws) to
> prevent me from doing so.

Nobody said you can not shoot paper targets. Or avoid the warning. But
there are ways and ways. You can not place paper targets over your
familly, for example.

> You are absolutely wrong about this.  Why do you think large,
> experienced software developers spend tons of time and money hiring
> focus groups (at the beginning of the development cycle) and beta
> testers?  I've been involved in all phases: from product conception, to
> development, to beta testing, to bug fixing, to end use, and I'm here to
> tell you that no one has seen all I can think of, not even me.

I vote then that damages will be bigger than adventages if the warning
is removed (speaking of the world mean).

> But I'll forgive you for this mistake, since you are young.

Thanks. :]

> Hello, I'm not a gnome developer, I'm a gnome USER, and this is the
> gnome USERS list, last time I checked.

This is something like bit box, or whatever way you call the place you
put all parts you do not need but maybe usefull someday. You will see
everything here.

> Besides, I am a developer on other projects, and it's generally
> considered to be bad practice to "hardwire" options in code when they
> can be stored in a config file or accessed from a command line without
> too much more difficulty.

Maybe you should consider source code as config file this time. :]

> I want to hear someone tell me straight out that I can't use GNOME the
> way I want unless I'm prepared to hack GNOME code.  And then I will tell
> that person to go straight to hell, or better yet, straight to Redmond.

You can not without hacking, you will have to recompile GMC (dunno how
Nautilus will handle all this). Now give me my air tickets to Redmond
(first class, please), the sooner I put them in a bidding web site,
the sooner I get the money. ;]

GSR