Gnome stock icons

A few days ago I've posted a question about Gnome pixmaps that are trashed on
my system. Although I got quite a few replies (thanks!), nothing seemed to solve
my problem. :-(

I've installed the new Gnome 1.0.40 and it works quite well, including the
new colorful icons (used by panel). But all the stock icons (such as the buttons
on a Gnome button bar and all standard buttons) are still trashed.
The stock icons are created, I believe, by gnome-libs-1.0.41 make in the
libgnomeui/pixmaps directory by writing a gnome-stock-imlib.h header file,
which in turn is used by gnome-stock.c.

Apparently, something goes wrong somewhere, but I can't pinpoint what and where.
When I run stock_demo in the libgnomeui directory I can see none of the icons,
except only gnome-audio2.png, which is (as far as I can tell) not one of the
stock icons provided by libgnomeui.

By the way, I also had a problem when compiling imlib, but I solved that one:
some -L/usr/X11R6/lib options were lacking (why?).
Since all the other icons in the Gnome 1.0.40 release are okay, there should be
nothing wrong with libpng or something like that...

Has somebody had this problem too (and hopefully solved it)?

Herman Roozenbeek, The Hague (NL)
E-Mail: hermanr@mailroom.com
Date: 28-Sep-99, 23:18:31