Re: Gnome on Debian 2.1

Doug Hockin wrote:

> I've download the tarballs from an xfree86 mirror but am
> having second thoughts.  Since they're not debian style
> packages won't the packaging system continue to think
> I have the older version of xlib6g?  The dependency
> info won't have been updated.

You can download XFree86 3.3.4 using the following line on your
sources.list file:

deb http://samosa.debian.org/~branden/ xfree86-334-slink/

I'm using this one with the debian packages of gnome for slink without
any trouble. In really I haven't received any warning during the update.

Regards,
--
  _                  Claudemir Todo Bom <allgood@allgood.cx>
 /_||| _, _  _  _|                      <http://www.allgood.cx>
         PGP KEY: email 'Subject: get pgp key' with *your* key on body