Re: A Gnome event manager?

> This ties into an idea that was discussed a while back about a
> user-notification system for various events, similar to biff. (some sort
> of biff protocol).  It would make sense to develop that as seperate
> program/package and have a standard protocol for sending events to the
> notifier (with details such as what particular event happened and when).
> Then many different programs could use it like the examples you gave, but
> instead of having one monster handle-every-scenario event manager, it
> would be in components that would be easy to manage.  Sound like what you
> had in mind?

No, I'm not proposing a monster manager but a central place where you can
see what the system is going to inform you about and configure various
things, but in an OO fashion, like the control center. So you could say
"notify me when this site is up" in the web browser but later cancel
that notification in the controlling center.

	Tuomas