Re: Language choices for the GNOME system

> I believe you might change that opinion after reading "The Design and
> Evolution of C++" by Bjarne Stroustrup. It is a book that few who criticize
> C++ have read.

I have actually read this book.  And it basically proved my point.

Features in C++ are added "because people were requesting them", not
because they were part of some "original" plan of the language.

Just look at the various features in the language: they feel pretty
much orthogonal to each other: templates have a completely different
syntax to anything else on the language.

The syntax is heavily overloaded with features.

Miguel.
--
miguel@gnu.org