Re: A Gnome event manager?

This ties into an idea that was discussed a while back about a
user-notification system for various events, similar to biff. (some sort
of biff protocol).  It would make sense to develop that as seperate
program/package and have a standard protocol for sending events to the
notifier (with details such as what particular event happened and when).
Then many different programs could use it like the examples you gave, but
instead of having one monster handle-every-scenario event manager, it
would be in components that would be easy to manage.  Sound like what you
had in mind?
	Dave O