Re: The State Of The Art

There's always the possibility of writing the server itself to serve in
a 3D rather than a 2D arena. X3D rather than X11. I think a lot of
inspiration can be had from examining 3D games and the Mesa3D libs.
Ditch the mouse and use the joystick for your input device - reach out,
turn around, or even move through your environment. But then - that
would be a MAJOR project - a server would have to be written, then a 3D
windowmanager, and then the sky's the limit. Just a step toward virtual
reality computing, but with your monitor instead of a pair of goggles...

Mike