Re: The State Of The Art

> (Forgive me if I'm missing something important, BUT...)
>
>  Couldn't a window manager running under X do this fairly simply? I don't see
> why it would be much more difficult to handle than "flat" multiple desktop
> areas. The hardest part would probably be the pager/mini-view - how would
> you show the inner surface of a sphere?

no need to forgive, but yes I think you are missing something.  and I
think the biggest point I want to make right now is that the impression
that'
s beginning to form is that it WON'T be that hard.  it just isn't
standard.

the cylinder is almost DONE.  the sphere would be a little harder.  we
just need to take the next step and make a window manager that uses this
as its standard instead of having someone go "hey...you know what I
think would be cool?" and spending two weeks trying to tweak it.

the only thing you're "missing" though is that a scalable sphere is
nowhere near as simple as stringing a bunch of desktops together.
that's going to take some thought and time.

--
- The Hitchhiker

"The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false.  The opposite of a
great truth is also true."
				-Neils Bohr