Re: Gnome log out problems: is there an alternate method?

On Mon, May 24, 1999 at 10:00:34AM -0400, Armando Singer wrote:

Hello Armando,

> I cannot log out of Gnome from the menu or from my log out panel button.
> When I click them, it seems like nothing happens. Is there a logout command
> that I can type in a terminal? If this doesn't work, is there another safe
> way to log out? And if any of the log out options don't work, what is the
> best way to get out of Gnome? Thanks.

I noticed that this sometimes happened with some versions of Gnome and
Enlightenment, you can define a short-cut with E.'s configpanel.
(Unfortunately I don't remember how it was fixed  here.)

------

About Gnome and icewm working together:

I'm using icewm 0.9.40-1 and Gnome right now, loading it all like this:

export WINDOW_MANAGER=icewm
panel &
gmc --nowindows &
gnome-wm

And with 0.9.40-1 (I used 0.9.38 before that) it simply and nicely logs
out when using icewm's logout-button.

Hooray!:)

--
- greetings, Albert -
Linux!  Guerrilla UNIX Development     Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus.