Re: Gnome log out problems: is there an alternate method?

I was having problems with this before I installed Redhat 6.0.  I remember
a number of other people were having this problem also.  I don't remember a
solution being posted (though I don't have the greatest memory...)

Anyway the best way I found to get out is to kill the windowmanager then
kill the gnome-session.  It's not pretty but at least your settings don't
get screwed up like they can if you hit ctrl-alt-backspace.

Brady