Window geometry obtaining question

I've been trying to get the geometry of the text_area window of a
GtkText widget as it is destroyed but have not had much success. The
only signal I'm aware of for catching the destruction of a widget is
"destroy", but by the time that is called for a GtkText widget, the
text_area window is already gone, so calling gnome_geometry_string can't
provide any information. Is there either another signal handler I can
set that will get called before the window in question has been
destroyed or another way to get the geometry of a window/widget?

--
TTFN
MikeB

Application development is a race between software engineers who
try to create fool proof programs and the universe which is trying to
develop superior fools.

	So far, the universe is winning.
	Let's not give it any help...