Gnome vs. Gimp?

Hi there!

When I started my new Gnome 1.0 enviroment, I was realy surprised!
First, because it looks and feels quite good and second ...
because my most beloved program, Gimp 1.0.1 doesn't run anymore!

Yes, I know why it doesn't work. It's because of this GTK 1.1.x stuff,
the Gnome binaries brought with them.

My question: Is there any chance to run Gnome 1.0 and Gimp 1.0 together?
And, if yes, how do I do it? If not, please tell me which of the SuSE -
RPM's, the Gnomes had on their server, contain the GTK 1.1.x stuff (is
it the GTKN - RPM?) and which of the original SuSE - RPM contain the old

Thanx in advance,

Andreas Stallmann   NET.iT
GMD - Forschungszentrum Informationstechnik
Win95 - Das System hat keine Fehler, das System ist der Fehler