Re: Solaris7 X86 - ./configure options for GTK+-1.2.0

Brian Kurotsuchi wrote:
> I'm running 2.6 sparc with the following /etc/system settings:
> set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=8388608
> set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=24
>
> The X server still crashed unless the software is compiled with SHM disabled.
> I was using egcs, so that's certainly not the problem.

Things I described in the previous (lenghty) mail were happening on 2.6.
Solaris 7 wasn't released at the time, so there was no chance to test it
there. But X server wasn't crashing, the application was receiving an
X error and was being terminated because of that.

I'm using Solaris 7 and all programs which use MIT-SHM work fine
for me. IIRC, there is at least one patch for X server on 2.6. Maybe that
can solve the problem, but I'm just guessing.

--
 .-.   .-.    Life is a sexually transmitted disease.