Re: Solaris7 X86 - ./configure options for GTK+-1.2.0
- From: Drazen Kacar <dave srce hr>
- To: Brian Kurotsuchi <bkurotsu lug ee calpoly edu>
- Cc: GNOME-List <gnome-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Solaris7 X86 - ./configure options for GTK+-1.2.0
- Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 20:09:59 +0100
Brian Kurotsuchi wrote:
> I'm running 2.6 sparc with the following /etc/system settings:
> set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=8388608
> set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=24
> The X server still crashed unless the software is compiled with SHM disabled.
> I was using egcs, so that's certainly not the problem.
Things I described in the previous (lenghty) mail were happening on 2.6.
Solaris 7 wasn't released at the time, so there was no chance to test it
there. But X server wasn't crashing, the application was receiving an
X error and was being terminated because of that.
I'm using Solaris 7 and all programs which use MIT-SHM work fine
for me. IIRC, there is at least one patch for X server on 2.6. Maybe that
can solve the problem, but I'm just guessing.
.-. .-. Life is a sexually transmitted disease.
(_ \ / _)
] [Thread Prev