Why is e-conf no longer compiled?

Hi,

Enlightenment wants e-conf from Gnome in order to bring up is
control panel.  First, this is weird.  Why doesn't the control
panel code live in the Enlightenment CVS tree as well?
Second, why has e-conf been removed from the list of directories
to compile in?  I discovered a comment that it had been removed
intentionally from control-panel's Makefile.  Now, when I attempt
to do a "make -e-conf" in the gnome/control-panel/capplets/e-conf,
I get errors because the path to a couple of include files is
incorrect.

	Miles