fragile gnome-session

Hi,

this is a call to anyone to use gnome-session, report and fix bugs,
and problems. gnome-session is one of the core gnome components. If it
breaks, the whole desktop gets cracks.

One problem is that if a SM'd application goes belly up, gnome-session
is likely to follow when trying to save the session. It needs some
sort of timeout to protect itself from broken apps.

Imagine my frustration due to repeatedly having to rebuild my session
configuration, just because some stupid program died. Sigh.

        Robbe

--
Robert Bihlmeyer	reads: Deutsch, English, MIME, Latin-1, NO SPAM!
<robbe@orcus.priv.at>	<http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9426626/sig.html>