Re: Did GNOME go 1.0 too early?

Nils Jeppe wrote:

> Yes, my impression from using 0.99.8 was that Gnome lacks behind KDE ina a
> big way. But isn't that natural? KDE has been in a stable 1.0 release for
> a year now and they've had time to add features now that they are done
> with the low level stuff.

I to used KDE, but switched to GNOME shortly after the KDE 1.0 release, I
haven't yet gotten around to uppgrading to 1.0,
but I am currently using 0.99.8, my impression is that the desktop environment
in itself has surpassed KDE, but there are still fewer apps included as
standard than there is in KDE. (Although I think there are more apps available
using GTK totaly.) I would appreciate hearing in what areas you feel GNOME is
still behind?
# Christian Schaller aka frostking
# frostking@linuxrising.com
# AIM : ArticRuler