Re: Did GNOME go 1.0 too early?

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 04, 1999 at 08:26:56AM -0500, Andy Kahn wrote:
> the three in the middle, plus all the other libraries and dependencies
> that they may rely on (libgif, libtiff, lib this or that) should all
> be rounded up together similar to the kdesupport package.  THAT in
> itself would be a HUGE lifesaver.

If you are interested in the dependancies of the packages, then look at
the FreeBSD ports (http://www.freebsd.org/ports/gnome.html).  These will
be up to 1.0 in a few days.  The package names should be fairly obvious,
although some (like gettext) may not apply to some platforms, and
others, which aren't used on FreeBSD (like libungif) aren't there.  All
the basic GNOME stuff is there.

In fact, if you ever seem to be missing libraries for any package then
http://www.freebsd.org/ports/ is as good a place as any start looking
at what's needed.

Regards,
 -Jeremy

--
  |    What will people think when they hear that I'm a Jesus freak?
--+--  What will people do when they find that it's true?