Re: Did GNOME go 1.0 too early?

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Christian Schaller wrote:

> in itself has surpassed KDE, but there are still fewer apps included as
> standard than there is in KDE. (Although I think there are more apps available
> using GTK totaly.) I would appreciate hearing in what areas you feel GNOME is
> still behind?

My impression is based on a less than optimal installation of 0.25 and
0.99.8. Anyway, I had the impression Gnome was much harder to install (I
like to compile my source instead of using rpms), and it was also much
less stable. As for features, I finally began to download Gnome right now,
then I am going to transfer it to my home computer (33.6k line - ack), and
then we will see how well it will compile.

I don't know about the gtk vs. qt applications count, and who cares
anyway? I prefer gtk for looks, but qt works fine for me as well.

I hope this thing will compile alright tonight... :-) Anybody care to
borrow me their playstation while I wait for my p60 to finish? ;)

 ----
 "When one entertains female friends, one should try not to
  look quite as seedy as certain unnamed parties habitually do."
                     --- Calvin & Hobbes: "It's a Magical World"