Re: Unresolved dependency Errors

If you aren't getting window decorations, you probably don't have a window
manager running.  If you are running from gnome-session and have installed
a session aware window manager (eg. enlightenment, or Jay's patched
fvwm2.2), choose run program from the panel foot menu, and enter the name
of the window manager.  Next time you start GNOME, it will start the
window manager as well.

As for dependency problems, it looks like you were installing the packages
correctly (using rpm -Uvh *.rpm), but no one can help you with the
dependency errors if you don't tell us what they were.  Sometimes it is OK
to do a --nodeps to perform an upgrade, and at other times it indicates
that you might want to do something to make sure you don't stop other
programs from running.

James Henstridge.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au