Re: Don't overlook Simplicity.

Well we can and will get all philosophical about this but... :-)

The point is that browsing the internet and downloading email is one thing
that alot of people use their computers for.  I'd hazard to guess that alot
of home users spend at least 70-90% of their computer time just doing those
2 things.  That alone is a huge market.  If Linux/Gnome could make that easy
and straightforward I think they could win over alot of home users.  In fact
that was the first thing I did when I got my linux distribution was to get
the internet stuff working.  I didn't find it too bad to set up(but I'm a
programmer) but I sure don't think my wife could get it running.  And I have
a confession to make...  I'm still running Linux/GNOME as root even though
I've been told its bad for my health :-)

Mike