Re: Useless ideas for the day

Miguel de Icaza wrote:

>   1. Applet to monitor a log file, doing some sort of tail -f on the
>      flie, so that I can check my logs without having a terminal
>      open.

<snip>

>      Sitting on the panel, watching and monitoring.  silently.
>
>   4. An applet that would monitor various sources of information, say
>      freshmeat, slashdot and so on and show any updates there.

Sorry if anyone's already pointed this one out, but there's a cool
applet by the guy who did gqmpeg and gqview, which (according to the
update notice) has just got file tailing capabilities. I've thought
about extending it to retrieve slashdot/linuxtoday headlines... the
possibilities seem endless.

check it out at

http://gqview.netpedia.net/rest-tick.html

Cheers

Tom

(I haven't checked out the latest version yet, just downloaded it)